Instructor II / Assistant Professor - Surgical Technology
Job no: 494340
Work type: Instructional
Location: Forest Park Campus
Categories: Allied Health, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), Other
Title: Instructor II / Assistant Professor - Surgical Technology
Employee Classification: Faculty F/T
Department Surgical Technology
The Surgical Technology department at STLCC is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time faculty position for our Associate Degree Program. This faculty member will be responsible for lecture, laboratory, and clinical coordination as assigned.
Primary Duties Performed:
Full-time Faculty duties and responsibilities normally include:
• Teaching hours to include in person lectures, laboratory instruction, and clinical education at local hospitals; Clinical instruction will require travel to hospital sites;
• Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum;
• Preparing and correcting examinations and other student work assignments;
• Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment;
• Participation in department development and faculty meetings.
Clinical Coordinator duties and responsibilities normally include:
• Coordination of clinical education;
• Providing administration, organization, and supervision of student clinical experience;
• Ensuring documentation of the evaluation and progression of clinical performance leading to clinical competence;
• Providing continuous quality review and improvement of student clinical experience;
• Providing academic oversight, including curriculum planning and development of student clinical experiences;
• Ensuring orientation to the program's requirements of the personnel who supervise or instruct students at the clinical sites;
• Coordinate the assignments of students to clinical sites.
• Graduate of an education program in surgical technology accredited by a nationally recognized programmatic accreditation agency.
• Current certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist (CST).
• Minimum of three years of recent scrub experience or teaching experience in the field of surgical technology within the last five years.
• Possess at minimum an Associate degree in any field.
• Community college teaching experience.
• Recent surgical technology preceptor experience.
• Possess a Bachelor degree in any field.
• More than three years of recent scrub experience or teaching experience in the field of surgical technology within the last five years.
Commensurate with experience
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experience, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend