Job no: 494402
Work type: Part-time
Location: Corporate College
Categories: Information Technology
Title: Programmer Analyst
Employee Classification: Part Time Classified/A/P
Department Enterprise Computing Services
Under general direction, performs duties necessary to design, develop and implement moderately difficult reports and programs that require some latitude for decisions. Assignments may include, but are not limited to, consulting with users, participating in analysis of user requests, evaluating reports and program packages and testing and implementing mandated legal, procedural and policy changes. Assess information and reports that integrate with the information system to create ideal end products and carry out tests which may involve using end users. Creates and develops business programs which is reviewed and updated as time goes on.
Primary Duties Performed:
• Analyze service requests and define technical specifications for efficient development.
• Translate designs using appropriate programming languages to develop programs to meet project needs.
• Maintain ongoing communications with users and customer service protocols through periodic status programs, system previews and testing.
• Perform intake review and assist in prioritization of requests.
• Work with other data service team members in maintaining standards and protocols.
• Identify opportunities for self-service and educate the business on self-service capabilities.
• Analyze business procedures and processes to identify improvements to user processes.
• Document procedures, processes, scripts, and changes to systems.
• Work with contractors, consultants, and vendors to solve issues with software, systems and related processes.
• Provide technical support for ERP systems. Primarily the Banner software, operating system and O/S level scripting, and integrations between ERP applications.
• Responsible for the development of scripts or queries, etc., and retrieval and presentation of student and other data.
• Follow current coding protocols and expected report and systems documentation.
• Perform quality review of new and existing programs. Coordinate end user review and acceptance of the developed solutions.
• Accomplishes assigned projects and tasks to implement effective, efficient, tested production ready software and processes.
• Support IT goals and objectives by working closely with management team to deliver value to the business.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline or the equivalent work experience and education/training providing similar knowledge and skills.
• Two years relevant full-time experience.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experience, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend