Job no: 494424
Work type: Staff
Location: Forest Park Campus
Categories: Information Technology
Title: Support Technician
Employee Classification: 52 Wks Unit
Department Campus IT - FP
Under general supervision, in a 12/5 in-bound call center environment, Support Technician I will provide technical and network problem resolution to end-users (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. The position requires providing direct technical customer support via telephone, chat, email, remote tools, or in person. Including, but are not limited to, resolving authentication problems, basic software support, verifying proper hardware and software set-up, power cycling, navigating college applications, print related issues, and troubleshooting email issues. Support will be provided in a user-friendly, professional manner. Technicians will perform other related work as required.
Primary Duties Performed:
● Deliver service and support to end-users (customer) using automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or over the Internet.
● Responsible for assisting all customers with their questions about any of our supported software and computing platforms in a professional and courteous manner through telephone interaction, email, in person.
● Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services.
● Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms.
● Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving but not limited to internet connectivity, email clients, IPTV, VOIP and more.
● Follow standard processes, procedures, and policies.
● Apply diagnostic utilities (when required) to aid in troubleshooting.
● Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in incident resolution.
● Research required information using available resources.
● Document all customer contact during the service request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
● Perform post-resolution follow-ups to service requests. Verify that customer is aware of resolution.
● Follow a planned professional development program; maintain continual growth in professional skills.
● Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of maintaining a positive customer relationship.
● Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations.
● Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
● Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
● Availability for flexible scheduling.
● Performs other job related duties and assigned.
● Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Position requires use of headset/microphone.
● Associates Degree in Technical Field PC Repair or comparable subject
● 3+ months related experience an equivalent combination of training and experience.
● High School Diploma
● 2+ years related experience.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experience, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend