Business Services Specialist
Job no: 494431
Work type: Staff
Location: Corporate College
Categories: Finance, Business & Accounting
Title: Business Services Specialist
***Internal Classified Unit Employees who apply in the first 5 working days from publish date will be given due consideration. External applicants will only be considered, after all qualified internal candidates have been deemed unsuccessful.***
Department Workforce Solutions
Performs duties necessary to provide an effective operation of Campus or Workforce and Community Development (WCD) business office. Serves as campus/WCD resource person for new employee benefit orientations, Help Desk, Banner Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing, Payroll, and adherence to Board policies and procedures. Provides quality customer service to college employees and/or students by answering questions and assisting in the resolution of problems regarding College business operations.
Primary Duties Performed:
- Assists in providing purchasing services to include processing requisitions; issuing, reviewing, completing and maintaining purchase orders and affiliated paperwork/records.
- Reviews for budget availability.
- Performs follow-up on deficit accounts, keeps contract files up-to-date, resolves vendor invoice issues.
- Processes reports as requested.
- Ensures compliance with purchasing policy and procedures.
- Reviews the supporting documentation, mathematical correctness and completeness of personnel assignments and payroll documents.
- Resolves payroll-related problems. Distributes a variety of checks, deposit statements, employment contracts, and payroll reports.
- Serves as campus/WCD resource person for new employee benefits orientations, Help Desk, Banner Finance and Human Resources.
- Responds to questions, distributes appropriate personnel/payroll forms, provides assistance to employees with concerns.
- Processes tuition reimbursement forms.
- Reviews employee reimbursement requests for policy compliance, budget availability, supporting documentation and mathematical calculations.
- Processes and reconciles local and non-local travel reports clearing delinquent cash advances; makes travel arrangements for Business Services/WCD personnel; maintains records; may prepare journal entries to redistribute charges on credit cards and procurement cards.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant full-time experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years full-time relevant experience
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experience, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend