Title: Graphic Designer III
Employee Classification: Professional F/T 52 Wks Unit
Department: Graphics & Web Development
Salary Range: $48,320
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with an inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis has at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates are employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]: STLCC offers one of the best benefits packages in the St. Louis area. As an STLCC employee, you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher-level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents. Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: Full-time STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
The Graphic Designer III will translate brand guidelines into original concepts and assist in driving initiatives to create assets for a new and consistent brand identity. The Graphic Designer III will report to the Marketing Manager and work with other marketing, communications, web, social media, and graphic design professionals. The Graphic Designer III will support visual style and identity for St. Louis Community College and produce exciting deliverables for print, digital, online, and other media executions and also provide project management leadership.
What you'll do:
• Deliver strategy and creativity to deliver dynamic communications and marketing materials
• Conceptualize, drive, and lead complex design projects
• Communicate with writers, marketers, and digital experts
• Show design capabilities through best practices and trends
• Provide strategic thinking and the experience to prove it
• Deliver exceptional graphic design and direction across multiple channels (web, mobile, print)
• Provide strong project leadership utilizing Basecamp and other tools
• Persuade diverse teams to work together harmoniously
• Utilize diverse assets such as animation, photography, video, etc.
• Establish and maintain a visual language and style guide to ensure brand consistency across platforms
• Interpret and execute marketing and communications strategies
Education, experience, and other requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree from a leading design or art school
• 5-plus years of progressive responsibility in print and digital design
• A strong portfolio that showcases your creative design solutions
• Practical knowledge and experience creating and building brands and visual identities
• Strong point of view and ability to back up recommendations with sound rationale
• Knowledge of tools including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress, etc.
• Entrepreneurial, creative, and able to solve problems