Title: Supervisor, Math Tutoring
Employee Classification: Professional 52 Wks Non-Unit
Department: Academic Success & Tutoring
Salary Range: $43,930
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents. Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: Full-time STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
Provide essential mathematics tutoring support for students from basic mathematics through highest college-level math courses in both campus and online environments. Recruit, hire, train, schedule, manage, and evaluate tutors. Assist in meeting budgets while creating Academic Success & Tutoring objectives that support success and equity for all students.
Work collaboratively with math faculty to support course learning objectives and to
recruit suitable and diverse peer, associate, and professional tutors.
Collaborate with Academic Success & Tutoring manager and peer tutoring coordinator to develop and deliver comprehensive tutor training that meets CRLA certification requirements.
What you'll do:
- • Conduct tutoring sessions with students
• Lead hiring, training, and orienting math tutors.
• Develop, implement, and maintain the tutoring schedule for assigned campus and for
online with the collaboration of district-wide supervisors; arrange for additional help
or reduction of staff depending on center use and budget allowance.
• Tutor and manage day-to-day tutoring center operations; assign tasks and duties to
• Maintain the math center’s appointment/tracking system to manage tutor schedules and
distribute student visit reports to faculty.
• Interpret and communicate math tutoring policies and procedures to staff and students; assist in the creation of policies and procedures that meet student needs; collaborate with other
departments to ensure compliance with policies, FERPA laws, and other safety/training
• Perform regular staff observations and evaluations; recommend wage increases, terminations,
• Handle personnel and student issues within the scope of the job description.
• Meet with math faculty each semester (minimum) to ensure center programming aligns with
department and class expectations/ objectives.
• Communicate regularly with tutoring staff, AST manager, and supervisors to maintain
• Use technology to track attendance and prepare statistical analysis of center activities.
• Promote Academic Success services across campus and district.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
• Master's degree in Mathematics or related STEM field and 1-2 years’ work experience OR
Bachelor's in Math or related STEM field and 3+ years’ work experience.
• College level tutoring experience.
• College tutoring center supervisory experience
• Experience with a College Reading and Learning Association certified tutor training program
• Teaching experience (preferred, not required).