Title: Digital Strategy Manager
Employee Classification: Professional
Department: Marketing and Communications
Salary Range: $70,607.00 Minimum
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life Insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees + their dependents, tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
The Digital Strategy Manager leads a team that brings together expertise in digital technologies, including user experience and web design, interactive marketing tools, processes, analytics, and project, account, and vendor management. The Digital Strategy Manager is a partner to the College academic and administrative teams as it relates to strategic digital planning, along with being a lead and mature voice for digital technologies, innovation and ensuring strategic digital plans are implemented successfully across the college.
What you'll do:
- Serve as a member of the Marketing and Communications leadership team.
- Create and manage a plan for continuous quality improvement on the newly-launched STLCC website.
- Set strategy and drive continuous quality improvement and innovation across STLCC's social and digital media channels.
- Partner with marketing and communication managers to analyze plans and implement online programs to help achieve objectives.
- Partner with the Marketing manager, to regularly test, measure, and report on performance and cost of marketing initiatives to improve ROI and measurement against KPIs.
- Ensure alignment between digital marketing strategies and the overall marketing plan and ensures that brand standards are used consistently.
- Creatively and strategically manage social media channels including but not limited to Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and provide thought leadership
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience working in technology, website, social media, and marketing and communications.
- Proven experience managing a high performance marketing team.
- Proven experience working with leadership to advance institutional initiatives.
- Creative ability and strong analytical skills.
- Experience with multiple web, CMS, and automated marketing platforms including Adobe Creative Suite, Basecamp, and HTML/CSS.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and stay focused, savvy, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities.
- Master's Degree
- Proven track record of effectively utilizing current online marketing concepts, strategies, and best practices.
- Proven track record of project management – project management certification or PMP is a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex topics to non-specialists.