• Oversees the day-to-day operations of the department including hiring, training, evaluating, and supervising full and part-time staff.
• Develop, implement, and assess a robust program of student-centered co-curricular activities that enhance campus life for a diverse student population. Create and regularly publish a well-balanced calendar of programs, that are developed in coordination with faculty, staff and students based on student interests, needs, and institutional mission.
• Develop, coordinate, and facilitate student leadership trainings, workshops, seminars, retreats, and leadership programs for all student leaders.
• Plans, organizes, coordinates, manages, and evaluates all New Student Orientation and First Year Experience programs and efforts with all departments, centers, and divisions.
• Oversees the registration processes for orientation to include, managing data, coordinating administrative operations, supporting students with reservations, and preparing, and distributing email communications.
• Collaborates with College Relations and Marketing (CRM) to create, implement and monitor social media platforms to encourage student engagement and participation in new student orientation, FYE, and other transition programs.
• Create, implement, and evaluate program goals and objectives. Establish and assess measurable student learning outcomes.
• Create and maintain a comprehensive FYE co-curricular event calendar.
• Prepare and administer the disbursement of Student Activities Funds; assist with the preparation and development of Student Activities Funds budgets; authorizes expenditures of funds; monitor those funds according to college guidelines, including appropriations, receipts, expenditures, and disbursement of all revenue. Including Student Government Association and student clubs and org accounts.
• Recruit, train and supervise all student workers, including graduate/practicum students, student interns, FWS students, and volunteers.
• Compile and submit weekly, monthly, and annual reports, including program/activity numbers and program/activity evaluations
• Monitor national trend/issues related to Campus Activities and Student Government Associations and make appropriate recommendations.