Department Testing Center
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life Insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees + their dependents, tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Committed to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
Works with the District Manager of Testing Centers to develops and implements student evaluation procedures by consulting with instructional and counseling services on the selection of appropriate placement testing procedures; develops an assessment program which places students into courses requiring the standardized levels of achievement; assists students with understanding results of placement testing.
What you'll do:
- Assesses and maintains the effectiveness of the Assessment center and services provided in reference to the National College Testing Association's statement of guidelines and standards and the Council for the Advancement of Standards in Higher Education.
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures for effective and efficient use of testing services by working collaboratively with internal partners such as department chairs and faculty, Enrollment services, Access, financial aid and others. Adjusts various assessment service delivery systems in response to student needs, special student populations, enrollment trends and changing campus environments.
- Works collaboratively with external constituents such as K-12 partners as deemed appropriate by the institution.
- Coordinates and supervises administration of national testing programs in which the institution participates, such as ACT, HI Set and others.
- Serves as a resource for faculty on issues related to assessment services.
- Responsible for processing and reporting on the Student Evaluation of Instruction.
- Leads, recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates professional and classified staff providing placement and testing services
Skills and other requirements:
- Master's degree and five years in Higher Education
- Experience in Higher education as a manager of Testing or another Student Affairs department.