Title: District Director Enrollment Services
Department: Vice Chancellor Student Affairs
Salary Range: $84,837.00 minimum
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life Insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees + their dependents, tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
Provides leadership and administrative oversight for the student enrollment centers. Works with student affairs leadership to create success for diverse students in an equity-minded and inclusive manner, focusing on increased access, student success, goal attainment, and successful transition to the College. Collaborates and strategizes with assigned managers, directors, classified professionals, faculty, senior administrators, and regional and state stakeholders to identify systemic barriers, as well as develop equity-minded processes and procedures, that ensure efficient and effective resource support for students at all district locations.
What you'll do:
- Assess admissions, financial aid and registration processes to improve the delivery of services to students and to effectively recover students who experience a service failure.
- Lead, motivate, manage, and develop departmental employees in the pursuit of enrollment and retention objectives.
- Plans, implements, prioritizes, assigns, supervises, and participates in the daily work of the student success centers.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of existing services and needs assessments.
- Work collaboratively to propose and define solutions that meet student needs and maximize their experiences.
- In cooperation with the AVC of Student Affairs, identify priorities, strategic goals, and action plans to enhance student progress to enrollment.
- Overseas improvements related to cross functional processes enrollment and financial aid tracking and reporting and the implementation of new technology to improve student services the executive director enrollment services.
- Provides strategic leadership and innovative advancement of, and supervisors daily operations and management for enrollment services including the integrated enrollment services department, financial aid records, and registration enrollment operation and student services including application processing, and the welcome center and call center.
- Works collaboratively to ensure consistency of services across all campuses and locations and provide support in the modification and implementation of the college strategic enrollment management plan.
- Works with applicants and families to resolve application issues and challenges.
- Establishes and manages employee performance standards, evaluations, and time reporting for all staff.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, and staff development needs of all Center staff including temporary staff.
- Recommends policies and establishes procedures that improve efficiencies in the office while still in the best interest of the student.
- Design and implement admissions processes, criteria, and communications focused on prospective and currently enrolled students.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
- Master’s degree in higher education or business related field required
- Minimum 5 years in higher education within the student enrollment service field in a postsecondary institution or related area
- Must have the NASFAA Credentials for Verification
- Preferably at least four years at the Community College setting including supervision of professional staff and budget responsibility.