Title: HRIS Business Analyst
Employee Classification: Professional
Department: Human Resources Office
Salary Range: $65,000.00 to $74,800.00
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life Insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees + their dependents, tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
Under general direction, performs duties necessary to design, develop and implement moderately difficult processes and changes to processes that require some latitude for decisions. Assignments may include, but are not limited to, consulting with users, participating in analysis of user requests, evaluating software packages and testing and implementing mandated legal, procedural and policy changes. Assess technologies that integrate with the information system to create ideal end products and carry out tests which may involve using end users to help identify bugs and malfunctions. Creates and develops code for software which is reviewed and updated as time goes on.
What you'll do:
• Translates user requirements into designs and specifications and uses appropriate programming languages to develop on-line screens, reports and processes to meet project needs.
• Tests and implements internally developed and vendor supplied software systems assuring functionality that meets user expectations. Maintains documentation as a permanent record maximizing maintainability of systems. Follows current protocols for documentation; updates related systems documentation for currency and complete integration.
• Designs, develops and implements processes that provide efficient and effective solutions. Follows current coding protocols and expected code and systems documentation. Maintains ongoing communications with users and customer service protocols through periodic status reports, system previews and testing.
• Analyzes problems and trend data to recommend, develop and implement permanent solutions and support strategies to conform to service level agreement (SLA) objectives.
• Identify the technical problems and reporting needs, using strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills.
• Investigates and resolves moderately system problems by providing 24-hour on-call support ensuring efficient effective execution of system processes. Documents problems, determines source and actions taken to resolve.
•Creates and maintains system configuration and functionality documentation as a permanent record to maximize system maintainability.
•Receives, refers, responds and prioritizes user requests for maximum effectiveness and utilization of department resources. Advises end users and IT professional staff on project specifications; ensures final specifications are clearly stated and follows current protocols. Researches and advises requesting parties of possible solutions within existing operating environment and those requiring added resources as broad options are requested and funded.
• Responsible for the development of reports, scripts or queries, etc., and retrieval and presentation of student and other data. Translates the business & reporting requirements into functional requirements.
• Plans and monitors assigned projects and tasks to ensure on-time completion of tasks.
• Contributes to departmental team activities and has limited participation in district-wide committees and user groups. Promotes open and effective lines of communication between department staff and end users.
• Participates in learning opportunities, conferences and seminars to improve interpersonal and technical skills. Develops training materials used for user and technical staff training.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or closely related discipline or equivalent work experience and education/training providing similar knowledge and skills is necessary.
- Five (5) or more years of relevant full time experience beyond degree equivalence is required.
- Experience in current operating environment and use of specific programming/operating languages(s) will be given preference.
- Certification in systems and applications to be supported may be considered an equivalency for experience requirements.