Title: Email & Graphic Communication Specialist
Employee Classification: Professional F/T 52 Wks Unit
Department: Graphics & Web Development
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents. Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: Full-time STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
Under the guidance of the communications manager, the Email and Graphic Communications Specialist position is responsible for the development and implementation of St. Louis Community College's internal and external email communications and campaigns, management and growth of email databases, and provide light graphic design work to support the departments marketing and communications initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Prepares, rewrites and edits email copy according to established brand, editorial and Associated Press style.
- Works with communications, creative and management teams to complete content projects on time and to specification.
- Maintain the email marketing calendar and manage email production for each of Marketing & Communications teams.
- Lead the quality assurance process; be held accountable for the editing, accuracy, timeliness and consistency of all internal email messaging.
- Guides other departments to create full marketing campaigns for their initiatives.
- Reports KPIs for email initiatives.
- Ability to develop district-wide solutions for communications.
- Other graphic and design projects as necessary or assigned.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing and communications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and email distribution platforms.
- Practical knowledge and experience supporting brands and visual identities.
- Entrepreneurial, creative and able to solve problems.