Title: Student Worker-Computer Lab
Employee Classification: Student Worker, Part Time, Temporary
Department: Science & Technology, Meramec Campus
Salary Range: 15/hr
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
The basics of this position:
Student Worker will facilitate the use of the technology (PCs, printers, scanners etc.) and software applications, in the open access academic computer labs; will enforce lab policies; will clean and organize lab equipment/workstations; will perform other duties as assigned. May interact with the students, staff and faculty of the college.
This position is part time; schedule varies according to lab requirements.
Applicants, please submit a Cover Letter, listing class times for the semester and the hours available to work in the computer lab.
Also, as ‘Additional Attachment’, please upload a copy of current semester Class Schedule, directly from the Banner registration website. In Banner, Class Schedule is available under the ‘Student Services & Fin Aid’ tab.
What you'll do:
- Provide lab users with technology support in a patient and user-friendly manner.
- Clean-up and organization of workstations and other lab equipment.
- Follow multi-step directions and adapt to new technology.
- Ensure that lab policies are being followed by users.
- Report lab issues to supervisor.
- Submit timesheet accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
• Must be currently enrolled or registered at St. Louis Community College and making progress toward completion of a degree and/or transfer study program as defined in Board Policy.
• Maintain enrollment while employed in this position. Submit/upload a copy of current Class schedule (from Banner registration website), as ‘Additional Attachment’. This is required to verify course registration at STLCC.
• Good academic and disciplinary standing with STLCC.
• Demonstrated ability to relate well with students, faculty and administration.
• Punctual and reliable.
• Sufficient technical skills to help students with basic computer related issues.
Proficiency with computers, knowledge of computer networks, student information system (Banner), Canvas, Microsoft Office Applications.
Previous/current enrollment in courses related to Information Technology would be helpful, but not mandatory.
Some knowledge of Mathematica/ SketchUp design software helpful, but not required.
Excellent time management skills.
Patient and professional attitude.