Title: Procurement Card Administrator
Employee Classification: Professional F/T 52 Wks Unit
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents. Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: Full-time STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
Performs duties necessary to administer day-to-day activities of theprocurement card (P-Card) program and administers third party purchasing programs.
What you'll do:
• Administers purchasing card (P-Card) contract with vendor and P-card usage by authorized cardholders.
• Serves as primary liaison between the College, card holders and the purchasing card provider troubleshoots College user issues as they arise.
• Works in conjunction with IT to ensure a seamless upload of procurement data transaction details to the general ledger system.
• Monitors P-Card activity, compliance with policies and procedures and usage patterns. investigates unusual patterns and analyzes expenditures; provides statistical data upon request.
• Develops and facilitates P-Card training programs. Performs follow-up review and
services as help desk with cardholders. Performs research to implement the most recent
advances in card technology.
• Works towards College M/WBE procurement goals.
• Monitors purchase history and performs administrative duties to issue Pos, change orders and cancellations to maintain and/or update records.
• Analyzes College's total business requirements in various commodities to determine optimal method for procurement and project timelines and related schedules to ensure needs are met in a timely manner.
• Analyzes consumption patterns and identifies probable needs to develop optimum strategies for acquisition. Identifies and evaluates viable alternatives, comparing/considering risks, and benefits, to insure optimum use of college resources.
• Executes business transactions in compliance with all governing policies and procedures, as well as conditions set by external funding agencies.
• Develops and maintains quality vendor relations: monitors and evaluates vendor
performance to ensure that it meets the requirements of the College.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Education, experience, and other requirements:
• Associate’s degree and 3 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree and three years of relevant full-time experience