Title: Coordinator - eSports Program
Employee Classification: Professional 52 Wks Non-Unit
Department: District-wide Athletics
Salary Range: 53,148
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents. Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: Full-time STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
This position provides supervision and coaching for the eSports program and all game offerings it encompasses. Recruits student-athletes, directs and manages practices, coordinates competitions and game day operations, organizes potential travel schedules, and supervises team conduct during competition, travel, tournaments, practices, and other events where the eSports team is represented. Fosters a positive team atmosphere and supports student athletes’ academic progress, retention, and graduation, through mentoring activities and referral to appropriate support services.
What you'll do:
- Consult with the Athletics Director on all matters of intercollegiate athletics not limited to but including uniforms, eligibility, recruitment, safety, player retention, student conduct issues, equipment needs, travel and all other areas of STLCC athletics.
- Monitor student-athlete study halls, academic monitoring not limited to but including weekly grade checks, attendance, mid-term and final grades.
- Monitors the District team’s athletic operating, travel and foundation budgets; maintains record-keeping procedures. Plan and direct eSport events including practices, games, and tournaments.
- Serve as the club advisor to the gaming and anime clubs.
- Maintain the eSports facilities not limited to but including computers, gaming systems, tv's, monitors, headsets, gaming mouse and keyboards.
- Provide direction to the assistant coaching staff and provide feedback during the evaluation process.
- Explains and enforces college policies, safety rules and regulations for District intercollegiate athletic team.
- Maintains certification for CPR; First Aid; Blood Borne Pathogens; and Sexual Harassment and all other Safe College Training.
Performs other jobs related duties as assigned.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
- 1 yr. of eSport coaching experience at club, high school, or collegiate level.
- Must hold a valid driver's license with a clean driver's record.