Title: Research and Data Analyst
Employee Classification: Professional F/T 52 Wks Unit
Department: Institutional Research
Salary Range: $64,314
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents. Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: Full-time STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
Position provides technical expertise within the research department to produce specifications, documentation, and training in development and structure of the data warehouse, the business intelligence decision support system, and other technical solutions. Serves as the lead department liaison with information technology in implementing and maintaining department technology. Position extracts, transforms, analyzes, and reports institutional data using various software tools and processes to meet reporting needs of the institution. Responsible for the validation of department reports and developing/maintaining reporting standards to ensure data accuracy and report functionality. Collaborates with functional units of the college to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity with regards to data gathering, reporting systems, and analysis.
What you'll do:
- • Serves as department technical expert by maintaining expertise on current database, business intelligence tools, and other software used within the department.
• Provides analysis, solutions, and training for the department on use of software and other technology.
• Provides department leadership in identifying technical solutions to address current needs and to increase department efficiency and effectiveness.
• Responsible for the extraction and transformation of data using programming techniques from multiple data sources for use as research data sets.
• Creates, designs, modifies, and presents dynamic reports to support college and department level planning, enrollment management, compliance, accreditation, and decision making.
• Provides leadership in projects that support the comprehensive online reporting systems and web-based communication tools.
• Validates department reports before they are published to maintain and improve access to the reporting system and availability of accurate reports.
• Develops and maintains standard operating guides for department report development and validation.
• Develops, manages, coordinates, and completes research and data analysis with regard to academic and institutional policy analysis.
• Works collaboratively with college stakeholders to analyze specifications and design reports using report writing tools and other data reporting methods.
• Collaborates with Information Technology to develop and maintain the technical architecture necessary for report writing.
• Provides leadership in the evaluation and preparation of solutions to address data quality based on requirements for data accuracy and completeness.
• Explores additional uses for data that allow College departments to work more effectively and to support the College’s commitment to data-informed decision making.
• Develops, maintains, and updates queries and reports to fulfill recurring data needs for internal and external reporting requirements. Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and updating historical analytical reports. When necessary, converting historical static analytical reports into dynamic web-based reports using report writing tools.
• Provides technical expertise to develop and provide training to faculty and staff with regard to the College’s business intelligence system.
• Collaborates with functional area experts to automate current data gathering and reporting systems.
• Responsible for maintaining confidentiality and professionalism when dealing with sensitive employee data.
• Conducts research and analysis of external conditions that impact the College.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities.
Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of relevant full-time experience
Master's degree and two (2) years of relevant full-time experience.