Title: Administrative Coordinator
Employee Classification: 52 Wks Unit
***Internal Classified Unit Employees who apply in the first 5 working days from publish date will be given due consideration. External applicants will only be considered, after all qualified internal candidates have been deemed unsuccessful.***
Department: Career Development
Salary Range: $37,458.00
Who we are:
We are not-for-profit: St. Louis Community college (STLCC) is a non-profit institution dedicated to empowering students, expanding minds, and changing lives. Employees are committed to strengthening the St. Louis community with inclusive and transformative education.
We are a respected employer: For 60 years, STLCC has served the St. Louis community, expanding to 4 main campuses, 2 education centers, 2 workforce training centers, and 5 centers of excellence. More than one-half of the households in St. Louis have at least one member who has taken classes at STLCC.
We make an impact in the community: Through credit courses, continuing education, and workforce development programs, STLCC annually serves nearly 69,000 students. More than 80% of career and technical graduates employed in their fields or continue their education at four-year institutions within six months of graduation. STLCC sends more transfer students to Missouri’s four-year colleges/universities than anyone else.
We value Diversity, equity & inclusion: STLCC is committed to fostering an atmosphere of appreciation for all people, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or class.
What you get:
Benefits package [for full-time employees]: STLCC offers one of the best benefit packages in the St. Louis area. As a STLCC employee you will have access to a 100% match on your contribution to retirement, two health insurance plans options that are no cost to the employee - including an HSA option, low-cost life insurance with a 3x salary benefit, and other low-cost benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, ST LT disability insurance.
Opportunity to grow: Over half of our employees have served the college for more than 12 years, exploring different career paths and advancing to higher level positions.
Education & training opportunities: STLCC offers tuition waivers for employees [full-time and part-time] + their dependents. Full-time employees can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for other institutions after just 6 months of service, and an annual professional development allotment.
Work/life balance: Full-time STLCC employees have access to a generous time off package, including holidays, vacation, personal days, medical leave, and other leave options. Our holiday schedule even includes a paid winter holiday at the end of the calendar year.
Commitment to wellness: STLCC HR boasts a dedicated health and wellness specialist who is enthusiastic about creating a culture of wellness throughout the College. With access to college wellness vendors, employees are educated, motivated, and rewarded for healthy behaviors. STLCC employees and anyone living in their household also have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) that can help them with virtually any life need.
The basics of this position:
Coordinates the accurate and timely completion of both routine administrative department functions and assigned special projects within the Divisions of Academic Advising and Student Success and Career Development as assigned by the respective Director. Provides technical and administrative managerial support to the Directors in the daily operations of the department of Academic Advising and Student Success and Career Development. Assists with project development and planning to ensure more efficient services and organization of the office.
What you'll do:
- Travel across the district to fill in for front desk staff, as needed
• Greet and provide exemplary service to students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
• Schedule student appointments
• Handle incoming phone calls and email inquires from students and STLCC community members.
• Operate computer, copier, student information system (Banner), Mitel phone system, scheduling software (Navigate), Microsoft Office applications, and other technology platforms used by the departments.
• Be willing to work at Meramec, Forest Park, and Florissant Valley as needed, including same-day notice of need.
• Oversee district email and main work phone Mitel system
• Approve students, alumni, and employers’ registration in the employment management system.
• Coordinated scheduling and support for on-campus recruitment (employers)
• At direction of director, update web content, post events, and send communication blasts.
• Schedule meetings, draft agendas, and take meeting notes.
• Data entry projects.
• Maintains calendar for directors: arranging and/or monitoring scheduling for meetings, seminars, training, travel, and related department functions.
• Monitors and manages assigned budgets for departments
• Oversees the maintenance of accounting records for departments, which may include purchase. orders and requisitions, billing, expenditures, revenues, inventory, hiring, and payroll.
• Drafts, proofs and distributes College-wide announcements from the Director’s office.
• Maintains and updates department materials.
• Tracks events held on campus for both department.
Education, experience, and other requirements:
Associate's Degree or equivalent and three (3) years of progressively, responsible secretarial work experience or a High School diploma and over five (5) years of progressively, responsible secretarial work experience.
Experience in a college/university setting.